...for Joomla Powered Websites Only
Before we get down to the business how to part, let us first get you familiar with the live chat component that will accomplish the above task.
Chat Factory is a powerful Ajax based live chat extension for Joomla that will integrate Facebook & Gmail like chat into Joomla Websites. Think of it like having an instant messenger only for your website.
||Partial features list:
- Online and Offline messages
- Message History
- Avatar management
- Community Builder integration
- Chat application is available on every page of your website without having to enable a special module
- Changeable User status
- Possibility of staying invisible
- allowing users to chat REGARDLESS of the page they are on.
- Friends list and Blocked users list
- Guests can Chat with registered users (option to set it off)
- Community Builder Integration
- Possibility of running advertisements in the Chat window and through advertisement messages
- users can enable/disable the chat system
- and many more ...
Here Is How Chat Factory Will Help You:
After you install Chat Factory on your website, here are the ways you can put it to use:
- Increase Your Sales using it As a Live Help Support Tool. A website without live support is like an empty brick and motor store (with no one to guide you. With Chat Factory, you can interact with your website visitors through a real time chat communication providing a higher level customer and sales support. Doing this not only improves upfront sales and customer satisfaction but also increases referral rate and improves brand image (thus affecting the overall bottom line of your business).
- With the above said, think about this “How much is such a software worth to my business?”I’m sure you will discover that overtime, it’s worth 50 to 100 times more than what you are invest to grab the software.
Ready to Implement?
Like most other Joomla extensions, installing and configuring Chat Factory is very simple and in most cases the whole process takes less than 10 min. to setup.
Ready? Click on the "Buy it now" button below to grab your copy of Chat Factory!
The main front-end features of Chat Factory are:
- users can enable/disable the chat system
- no need to register: users can chat as guests (if enabled by administrator)
- show/hide offline users from users list (only for registered users)
- registered users can block chat messages from guests
- group conversation
- file transfers
- user avatars: users can upload their own avatar, use Community's Builder avatar (if enabled), or use no avatar at all (only for registered users)
- ignore list: block messages from individual users (only for registered users)
- friends list (only for registered users)
- possibility to share a message (only for registered users)
- possibility to change status: available, busy, invisible (only for registered users)
- implemented emoticons, buzz
- minimize chat windows and preserve position when navigating through the site (only for registered users)
- quick search (only for registered users)
- advertisement area
On the back-end the chat extension for Joomla has the following main features:
- emoticons management: administrators can add as many emoticons as they want
- advertisements management
- IM ads: on login or on specific interval
- allowed groups: select the groups that are allowed to chat
- banned words list
- Community Builder integration (enable/disable)
- set refresh interval of user list, new messages and new friendship requests to reduce server load
- spam protection: set the maximum number of messages users can send per minute.
- Joomla 3.x
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
- cURL, GD2 libraries enabled.
Chat Factory 4.3.3 released on April 14, 2014.
- Updated emoticons to store longer text.
Chat Factory 4.3.2 released on January 9, 2014.
- Fixed several small issues including language files, last IM ad served timestamp, default status message for new users.
Chat Factory 4.3.1 released on November 29, 2013.
- New feature: show latest x messages from chat conversation when reloading or navigation to another page.
Chat Factory 4.3.0 released on September 30, 2013.
- New feature: Group conversations.
- New feature: File transfers.
- New feature: Banned words list.
- Several improvements in order to reduce the server load: throttle the requests to get new messages; inactivity interval (disable all communications with the server).
Chat Factory 4.0.0 released on April 1, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
- Redesigned component interface.
Chat Factory 3.1.1 released on August 22, 2012.
- New feature: added possibility to play a sound file when receiving a new message (admin enable/disable).
Chat Factory 3.1.0 released on January 31, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Fixed issue regarding links when using SEF.
Chat Factory 3.0.0 released on November 25, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issue regarding spam protection (messages per minute), uninstall module issue.
Chat Factory 2.1.1 released on August 24, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding mod_rewrite when SEF enabled, multi-language site and IE (links were being redirected), Love Factory integration (members map and radius search page), scrolling on chat window jQuery 1.6.2, chat windows positions stored in cookie (different paths), module language file installation, module missing language strings.
Chat Factory 2.1.0 released on August 18, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
Chat Factory 2.0.2 released on April 12, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding display under IE9 and Opera, chat history container (bottom line), Community Builder (not using thumb avatar).
Chat Factory 2.0.1 released on March 11, 2011.
- New feature: Love Factory integration on restricting same gender interactions (when integrated and enabled from Love Factory).
Chat Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
Chat Factory 1.2.3 released on December 6, 2010.
- New feature: Chat Factory user plugin; option to delete Chat Factory profiles when deleting users from Joomla.
- Fixed issues regarding Chat Factory and Love Factory integration (users added to ignore list in Love Factory), user profile deleted after logout.
Chat Factory 1.2.2 released on November 19, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding some cases where the window position was not being restored, renamed a css class that could interfere with other templates, on uploading avatar and not having "Public Front-end" in the "Allowed groups".
Chat Factory 1.2.1 released on September 27, 2010.
- New feature: added class suffix for module.
Chat Factory 1.2.0 released on August 27, 2010.
- New feature: Love Factory advanced integration allowing users to chat only if they purchased a Love Factory membership with chat rights (requirements: minimum Love Factory 1.5.0 and Chat Factory 1.2.0).
Chat Factory 1.1.0 released on June 10, 2010.
- New feature: enable/disable chat for registered users and guests.
- New feature: message history.
- Added images to the module.
- Added confirmations on several actions like add or delete friends.
- Optimisation: own jQuery library for no interference with other components.
- Fixed several issues regarding stripping HTML tags on ads, upload avatar, display avatar on userlist, advertisements, visibility of blocked users, session cookie.
Chat Factory 1.0.0 released on May 18, 2010.
Customer Reviews:avraam_klein (Monday, 08 July 2013)
works very smoothly. looks also quite good. A+