...easiest way to turn your site content into an eBook.
- Customize paper format, margins, columns, fonts, colors and many more
- Containing editable introduction, index, colaborations, copyright, credits and acknowledgement pages
- !!! NOW also with Front-end support !!!
Does your website contain valuable content? Would you like to sell this content as an eBook? Or perhaps, just send out newsletters with a PDF attachment of your content? Have you ever considered that your website may have articles that could be gathered in an eBook format? Ever wanted to publish your own eBooks? Now as a Joomla site administrator, the job is way more easier!
eBook Factory is the only component who can build full eBooks out of the content of your site!
eBook Factory renders a PDF out of the content items of your site in matter of minutes and stores it on your server in order to have it ready for download or newsletter mailings!
Since Joomla’s own PDF engine is merely a basic text to PDF convertor, we put our best work into developing a component. This component not only respects the standard layout of an eBook, but also includes Graphics, Fonts, and External Links that you used in your content.
All of your work is done in the administration panel of Joomla. There, you can create a set of eBooks containing Chapters and sub-chapters from your content items. You can use the Sections and/or Categories: as Chapter titles, as well as Sub-chapters.
All of the Page numbering, and Table of Contents numbering is done automatically. You will be able to choose between Roman, Arabic numbering, and even have the option to use letters for sub-chapters.
Fonts and styles can be set for each eBook individually, and you can use a cover image to brand your eBook. Any eBook can have unlimited numbers of columns, which will aid in making your eBook look professional, and easy to read.
Limitation! In order to obtain a clear visualization of the generated eBooks some of the initial browser page formatting like table tags where intentionally omitted and will not be parsed by the component as well as the RTL support which is not covered.
Please read our "eBook Factory Tutorial" to get a quick walkthrough through all the Components Features and Configuration Options.
Starting from version 1.3.0 new Item sources have been added: you can now add chapters and sub-chapters from Virtuemart, MijoShop and Auction Factory.
||Say for instance you want to create an electronic Catalog out of your products in your Virtuemart eCommerce shop. All you have to do is add Categories or individual Items into an eBook and by rendering all products in that category will be pulled in your catalog. You can fully control the way your catalog looks by editing the templates handling the Virtuemart plugin. These are simple HTML files that can be edited without any PHP knowledge whatsoever.
You can test all of these features using our Demo Server. Feel free to test the product in the backend (administration) as you please since the server will reset itself each hour. If you would like a preview, you can check out a generated eBook, by following this link.
- Joomla 3.x
- MySQL (min. 5.1 + )
eBook Factory 4.1.0 released on October 22, 2013.
- New feature: Plugin for K2.
- Upgraded to latest TCPDF version.
- Added RTL support when generating the PDF.
- Added limited tag support for tables, supporting the following tags: <a>, <b>, <i>.
eBook Factory 4.0.0 released on April 5, 2013.
- Support for Joomla 3.0.x.
eBook Factory 3.2.5 released on January 7, 2013.
- New feature: individual text color for cover pages.
- Fixed issue regarding Virtuemart plugin not showing all categories.
eBook Factory 3.2.4 released on October 17, 2012.
- New feature: MijoShop plugin implemented.
- New feature: option for MijoShop plugin to set the maximum height and width for the thumbnails.
- Fixed issues regarding transparent PNGs, Virtuemart not showing all categories.
eBook Factory 3.2.3 released on October 11, 2012.
- New feature: renders eBook name in header.
- New feature: show latest added items on the add items page.
- Fixed issue regarding new lines in plugins.
eBook Factory 3.2.2 released on July 19, 2012.
- New feature: Joomla extension manager component upgrade.
- New feature: added the possibility when adding all items from a category, to add all items from the subcategories also.
- Added support for the "vertical-align" style declaration on images.
eBook Factory 3.2.1 released on July 10, 2012.
- New feature: added HTML headers tag rendering.
- New feature: added page break using the <hr class="page-break" /> tag.
- Fixed issue regarding table margins and alignment, rendering tables with long text and nested lists.
eBook Factory 3.2.0 released on June 20, 2012.
- Improved extension backend.
- Fixed issues regarding nested lists, https links, save covers formatting, case sensitive view filename under Linux, rendering on default template, words spacing when font is bold and not monospaced.
eBook Factory 3.1.0 released on January 31, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
eBook Factory 3.0.0 released on December 14, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- New feature: added limited table support (all HTML tags inside tables will be ignored and displayed as simple text).
- New feature: option to hide chapters and subchapters numbering.
- Fixed issues regarding chapter title on new page if there isn't enough space left, fatal memory info on settings page, etc.
eBook Factory 2.1.0 released on August 22, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
- Fixed issues regarding cover image, plugin file include case sensitive file name on Linux, etc.
eBook Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
- New feature: resize images on their "height" and "width" attributes (enable/disable).
eBook Factory 1.6.5 released on December 21, 2010.
- Improved the way sections and categories are used as chapters or subchapters.
- Fixed issues regarding cover page text not appearing on the ebook properties page, PDF lock on is not saved when is set to disabled.
eBook Factory 1.6.4 released on November 2, 2010.
- New feature: resize images on their "height" and "width" attributes (enable/disable).
- Fixed issue regarding unpublished products from Virtuemart being rendered.
eBook Factory 1.6.3 released on May 18, 2010.
- New feature: render each VM item on a new column (only for multi-column ebooks).
- Fixed issue regarding ebook properties: section, category and item usage displayed incorrectly, notice old_src not defined when rendering ebook, displaying article author, processing bold and italic for VM plugin, listing bullets.
eBook Factory 1.6.2 released on March 18, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding some characters not properly rendered, strip inline style definitions, allow guest users to download ebooks, text area display in admin of index, cover, copyright, credits, ack. and intro pages showing the same text, adding Virtuemart products from subcategories, full URL for VM product images.
eBook Factory 1.6.1 released on February 23, 2010.
- New Feature: Front-end Module to display by administrator selected files and offer them for download.
eBook Factory 1.6.0 released on December 7, 2009.
- New Feature: Front-end usage for users. (enable/disable)
- Fixed several issues.
eBook Factory 1.5.1 released on September 4, 2009.
- Improved language support, by adding all constants to the language file.
- Fixed some issues regarding   spaces and special character spaces.
eBook Factory 1.5.0 released on Juli 15, 2009.
- Joomla 1.5 Support (Joomla 1.0 support discontinued, available only till version 1.3.x)
- New PDF generator.
- New feature: select link color.
eBook Factory 1.3.3 released on April 15, 2009.
- Fixed issue regarding UTF-8 (Umlaute), add item, preview, pdf filename, article sorting save (up & down arrows), no new page on certain conditions.
eBook Factory 1.3.2 released on February 8, 2009.
- Improved handling for sites with significant amount of content.
- Fixed issue when generating PDF under IE.
eBook Factory 1.3.1 released on December 12, 2008.
- Fixed several issues regarding PNG issue on alpha channel, storage path, preview item, cover images.
eBook Factory 1.3.0 released on December 2, 2008.
- New feature: Plugin for VirtueMart.
- New feature: Plugin for Auction Factory.
- Fixed issue regarding multiple images.
eBook Factory 1.1.0 released on Octomber 18, 2008.
- New feature: Password protected EBooks (PDF).
- New feature: Locked PDF.
- Added portait/lanscape orientation.
- Added Mambot processing support.
- Several issues fixed, better image processing - JPG, GIF, PNG, etc.
eBook Factory 1.0.1 released on May 7, 2007.
- Fixed issues with some foreign character sets in admin part (add item).
- Fixed issue regarding adding Static Content.
- Fixed issue with Servers with safe mode on.
eBook Factory 1.0.0 released on May 2, 2007.
Customer Reviews:Jain Boule (Friday, 16 August 2013)
a very complex extension by it's code allowing such functionality, but very simple to use and necessary for my site which has plenty of content.Henrik Hillström (Sunday, 21 April 2013)
A great product which make generating PDF-catalogues a breeze.