MediaMall provides is a powerful solution to manage media files online distribution that can handle third party sellers or artists publishing their media or downloadable goods. Having a built-in Credit System authors can earn money from their sale and your website can keep a certain percent.
You can build with ease Tutorial Websites, Video and Picture packs selling sites or Music selling website in just few clicks.
The built-in player will allow just users that have bought the media to watch/listen - the webmaster can set up a limited or unlimited number of views.
Using our MediaMall solution Authors can submit their media files on your site. For each media file a number of Credits can be charged in order to play/view/listen to the file. The Author will earn credits, which can be later requested as a payment from the webmaster. Accepted media file formats are:
- video files (flw, swf, mov, wmf and avi)
- audio files (mp3)
- image files (png, jpg, jpeg, gif)
- archives (zip, rar, gz, bz2, arj, arc, '7z) - used generally for tutorials, image packs or music packs. Also a user can post a free sample video and put the full tutorial as an attached archive.
In order to purchase the credits easier the system provides several payment gateways - Paypal, Moneybookers, Authorize and SagePay integration. Clean payments are transformed automatically into credits.
A further income method, if enabled, can be the pay for Contact. Users can pay in order to contact authors. Your website will earn a percentage of every transaction.
The administrator can create and manage endless Categories, can set a fixed price for any media or let the authors choose their own pricing scheme, can manage user credits and can approve media uploads (you can enable also auto-approve for specific user groups). Another important administrator feature is the management of the author payments. The system also includes mail notifications on certain actions.
Viewers can use the integrated Rating System to rate and also place comments for any media file. This is allowed for free media files and for commercial media files only after viewing/listening/playing the media - in order to avoid any abuses.
Surely the media files can be also posted for free, allowing your users to play it without any credit purchase. The administrator can configure this allowing the view for guest or logged users.
An incomplete Feature list would include:
- Built in Credit System
- Several Payment Gateways included
- Third party Gateways integration API available
- Integrated media player
- An easy way to monetize video/music or artwork
- Endless level Categories
- Integrated media rating system
- Authors can request payments and website admins can pay them with ease from the backend
- Free media allowed
- Pay for contacting the author
- ... and more
Demo: The demo-server is available under http://media-mall.thefactory.ro - to login for the frontend or backend, just click the login buttons available on the left side. Feel free to test as you please; the server resets itself each hour.
media Mall Factory 3.3.5 released on June 26, 2013.
- Fixed issues regarding settings display when caching is enabled, edit user profile on backend.
media Mall Factory 3.3.4 released on December 7, 2012.
- Fixed issues including top rated, media list, view media, invoices, contact author, - user placing an order before profile was created (if admin marked order as completed, no credits were added to the user).
media Mall Factory 3.3.3 released on December 3, 2012.
- Fixed issues including thumbnails on categories, details page, uploads, edit media, etc.
media Mall Factory 3.3.2 released on October 12, 2012.
- Improved layout on backend.
media Mall Factory 3.3.0 released on October 8, 2012.
- New and improved code-base.
media Mall Factory 3.2.0 released on March 27, 2012.
- New feature: nested categories using Joomla's categories.
- New feature:unlimited media views after purchase (backend option).
- New feature:category purchases.
- New feature:native Joomla menu items.
- Several code improvements.
- Fixed several issues including component's jQuery interfering with other components using jQuery, added description in tooltip on the browse media page, search plugin, saving categories and media, payment amount with decimals, categories.
media Mall Factory 3.1.0 released on February 8, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
media Mall Factory 3.0.0 released on December 14, 2011.
- New Product Concept.
- Fixed issue regarding backend payment gateways page.
media Mall Factory 2.1.1 released on October 25, 2011.
- Updated Paypal's IPN validation process (to upgrade, overwrite [Joomla dir]/administrator/components/com_mediamall/plugins/payment/paypal.php with: [archive]/plugins/payment/paypal.php).
media Mall Factory 2.1.0 released on August 26, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
media Mall Factory 2.0.1 released on June 14, 2011.
- New feature: added back link on the View Media page.
- Fixed issue regarding ItemId's.
media Mall Factory 2.0.0 released on January 11, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
media Mall Factory 1.2.0 released on October 28, 2010.
- New feature: Payment Gateway Plugins.
- Implemented Payment gateways: Paypal, Moneybookers, Sagepay, Authorize.
media Mall Factory 1.0.5 released on April 20, 2010.
- Fixed issues regarding 'category' Parameter SQL injection vulnerability, sef 404 with ajax loading content, uploading.
media Mall Factory 1.0.4 released on April 9, 2010.
- New feature: Payment History.
- New feature: users are able to edit media (enable/disable from backend)
- New feature: CB Community Builder tab to shows Purchased Media List and My Media Stats (check inside the downloadkit, install manually).
- added animation on upload.
media Mall Factory 1.0.3 released on March 18, 2010.
- New feature: added 2 restrictions (groups of users can upload only free media and groups of users have limited uploads).
- New feature: CB Community Builder tab to show My Files (check inside the downloadkit, install manually).
media Mall Factory 1.0.2 released on January 22, 2010.
- New feature: Search Plugin.
- Improved sort media by author.
- Thumbnail created automatically from media file, if media is image and no valid thumbnail is supplied.
- Fixed several issues regarding vmw playing issue in Firefox, uploader can't buy his own media, etc.
media Mall Factory 1.0.1 released on December 7, 2009.
- New feature: added Latest Added module, Top Rated module and Top Downloads module.
- New feature: purchased media list for users, menu module.
- Fixed issues regarding paypal currency hard coded, changed default paypal link from sandbox to live.
media Mall Factory 1.0.0 released on April 23, 2009.
Customer Reviews:DigitalOnline (Tuesday, 05 June 2012)
Very original solution to sell media files! The best out there. Using this with valuable content, i can generate allot of traffic on my site and run a
profitable website. Thank you the Factory Team! MediaSell (Sunday, 25 March 2012)
Keep up the good work!