A raffle is a competition in which people buy numbered tickets. Originating in southern Italy, it is a popular game in numerous countries and is often held to raise funds for a specific event, charity, or occasion.
The raffle involves many people buying tickets for a chance to win a certain prize or prizes. At a set date, the winners are drawn from a bucket containing a copy of every number or a tombola (from Italian: tombola ['to:mbola]). The ticket is then checked against a collection of prizes with numbers attached to them.
Raffle Factory is our solution to online raffles. Organize your own raffles on your website, or allow others to come and post raffles.
Tickets can be sold at any price with limited or no costs related to the actual raffling process, compared to real life raffles or lotteries.
The tickets can be chosen at random by the script, or the raffler can pick the winning ticket from a list. If chosen manually, no details are shown related to the ticket other than the number until the raffle closes, to prevent fraud.
Built from Reverse Auction Factory, Raffle Factory also features the powerful Smarty Template engine and custom fields system. This allows the webmaster to customize the extension to great extent without any actual programming knowledge.
The admin can enable or disable a multitude of features, for instance:
- Choose between Manual and Automatic winner selection
- Set default values for public/private and published/unpublished fields
- Enable the approval system
- Configure Pagination and Listing
- Countdown displayed on raffles
- NDA (Non-Disclosure Agreement) and Attachments
- Google Maps
- Guest Messaging can be restricted
- Messaging can be completely disabled
- Community Builder Profiling
- Add or Remove currencies
- and many more...
The Raffler can set a price for each ticket, set a number of available tickets and also a ticket limit for each user. Borrowed from Reverse Auction Factory is the Reserve Price feature, which closes the auction without a winner if the reserve price isn’t met by the expiration date.
Pictures can be uploaded and also attachments to provide additional details about the listing.
The extension uses a CRON script to close raffles and choose winners, more about this can be found on the administrator page of the extension and our documentation wiki.
The extension is a closed action system, meaning details can be seen but very few or no actions are available for the unlogged user. Before buying or listing can be done, the user must fill in a Raffle profile.
(a general CRON Tutorial
is available in our documentation section
Raffle Factory 2.1.1 released on June 18, 2014.
- Update theFactory Framework to 2.5.1 (from 2.0.0).
Raffle Factory 2.1.0 released on October 18, 2012.
- New feature: Refund when raffle is closed without winner and related email notifications.
Raffle Factory 2.0.1 released on October 10, 2012.
- Fixed several issues including email notifications, RSS Feed, etc.
Raffle Factory 2.0.0 released on August 6, 2012.
- New Codebase.
- New Extension workflow.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
Raffle Factory 1.3.7 released on May 12, 2011.
- Fixed several issues regarding custom fields, saving raffle when "Require end date" set to "No", saving "listing" price in backend, display winner username in admin, missing "listing" language string.
Raffle Factory 1.3.6 released on April 4, 2011.
- Multiple code improvements and optimizations.
- Fixed issues regarding choosing raffle winner, wrong date saving after edit, overwriting settings on pressing "Cancel" button.
Raffle Factory 1.3.5 released on March 27, 2011.
- New Backup/Restore system. Attention! Older then 1.3.5 backup files are not compatible anymore!
- Several code improvements.
- Fixed several issues regarding buying/receiving tickets, saving start-date/end-date, selling tickets for raffles with fixed ticket number, multiple minor code optimizations, etc.
Raffle Factory 1.3.4 released on March 22, 2011.
- Enhanced reports in backend raffle listing (total/available/sold tickets for each auction).
- Fixed issues regarding computing wrong number of tickets in the payment plugin, saving wrong values when editing a raffle, missing payment types select-box on front-end raffle editing.
Raffle Factory 1.3.3 released on March 2, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding computing number of tickets in price_raffle_buy pricing plugin, querying the tickets table with a wrong name, miscalculating price on buying tickets.
Raffle Factory 1.3.2 released on February 16, 2011.
- Fixed issues regarding CSV import, removed unnecessary auction settings in backend (enable proxy, min. increase, payment type), replace XAJAX with hardcoded calls in positions.
Raffle Factory 1.3.1 released on February 2, 2011.
- Fixed some modules incompatibilities.
Raffle Factory 1.3.0 released on December 3, 2010.
- Changed code in order to be able to run simultaneously on the same Joomla installation as the latest available Auction Factory.
Raffle Factory 1.2.0 released on May 28, 2010.
- New feature: Commission Plugin (applies on the number of bought tickets after the winner is declared).
- New feature: Custom Positions (assign from admin the custom fields to custom positions, two default positions at installation available in list and detailed template).
- New feature: Themes Support (available now are the default and grizzle theme).
- Improved Custom Fields support (custom validation messages, parameters and options for new fields).
- Fixed several issues including: generating tickets, CRON on end date 'never', end date compulsory, etc.
Raffle Factory 1.1.1 released on January 8, 2010.
Raffle Factory 1.1.0 released on August 21, 2009.
- New Feature: Custom Fields for sections: Raffle, User Profile (if not using CB).
- Fixed several issues including ACL task maping (buytickets added to all), several notices on install, winning stage mail, price listing, etc.
Raffle Factory 1.0.0 released on April 13, 2009.
Customer Reviews:There are yet no reviews for this product.
Please log in to write a review.