rss Factory 1.0 started actually as a new, improved version of "RSSreader2" firstly provided by SoftMarket.ro
Since we extended our line of products we changed the brand name and moved it to the new location. Furthermore we decided that although various improvements and his rising popularity, rss Factory 1.0 must remain free of charge. Therefore it is offered here as a free download.
In order to develop a high quality product we would be glad to receive any kind of feedback. Thank you!
- display specific RSS feeds on various pages according to the article content category
- supports RSS 0.9, RSS 1.0, the various Userland RSS verions (0.9x and 2.0); additionally it supports Atom 0.3 and many custom RSS namespaces
- table and overlib display mode of the feed content
- customized number of display feeds
- display specified RSS categories
- easy CSS customization
- and many others setup options.
HOW-TO refresh RSS feeds using CRON (if your hosting supports CRON jobs):
lynx -accept_all_cookies -dump 'http:// [your site]/index.php?option=com_rssfactory&task=refresh&password =[HERE YOUR PASS]'
rss Factory 1.0 was the follow-up of the later RSSReader2 - a well known Joomla Component provided by Softmarket.ro. We, Skepsis Consult acquired in fall 2006 Softmarket in order to add professional Joomla knowledge to our Company. All our products can now be found in our shop under www.thefactory.ro.
In his previous life as RSSReader2, our component had over 7000 downloads and is indexed in Google in over 750 sites! With the versions compatible with Joomla 1.0.x the numbers tripled.
If you decide to choose the relevant topics, RSS Feeds are simple and clean ways to direct genuine traffic towards your site. You will be pleasantly surprised with the results.
Since the “old days” rssFactory had a lot of features, to the most outstanding we can count:
- easy Install & Uninstall
- RSS Categories – an easy way to categorize your feeds, and group them by specific topics
- Session based tracking of already readed news (Feeds will appear “unchecked” if they have already been read)
- AdBanners & AdSense Integration
- Customized output styles; all easy manageable through configuration
- Automatic unpublishing of erroneous feeds
- Refresh of feeds in CRON
- easy CSS customization
- easy Search through Feeds
What’s new? Well there is a lot...
- Several code optimizations and bug fixing
- Automatic refresh of feeds though a pseudo-CRON process
- Preview ofFeeds in CategoryList (optional)
- Added Tabbed viewstyle to the available styles
- Date Format Customization
- FAVICONS for feeds (pulled from the feedsite or custom uploaded)
- Color customization of overlib Output(although might be overridden by your template)
- Font Size Customization for Overlib Output
- Automatic Version Check – you can see if a new version is available
- Improved Category management
- Refresh of Feeds using AJAX (admin side only)
- Automatic installation of module and mambot
- New SEARCH mambot (allows you to search through feeds along with searching through content)
- Problems with some UTF-8 feeds if your site uses ISO encoding
- There are some problems inserting Google Adsense code in TinyMCE WISIWYG editor; bypass it by switching WISIWYG editor off, changing the add content, then switching it back on.
Requirements: Joomla 2.5.x or J! 1.7.x/1.6.x, GD2 extension enabled, CRON.
For further informations please read the rss Factory FAQ and rss Factory Configuration Guide and visit our Forum where you will find multiple Q&A.
rss Factory 3.1.1 released on March 8, 2013.
- Improved menuitems.
- Fixed several issues including admin settings under IE, submitted feeds toolbar, favicon location, etc.
rss Factory 3.1.0 released on February 1, 2012.
- Support for Joomla 2.5.x.
- Fixed issues regarding escape input data in replace content plugin, page title on the Favorites list, import categories, create Joomla menu item for component.
rss Factory 3.0.0 released on December 13, 2011.
rss Factory 2.1.0 released on August 19, 2011.
- Support for Joomla 1.7.x.
rss Factory 2.0.0 released on January 14, 2011.
- Redeveloped for Joomla 1.6.x.
rss Factory 1.6.1 released on November 17, 2009.
- Compliant with J!1.5.15
- Compliant with PHP 5.3.0
- Fixed some minor issues.
rss Factory 1.6.0 released on July 31, 2009.
- New feature: Simple Submitting Feeds (for extended submitting features use the PRO version).
- Parser changed to SimplePie (more reliable).
- Improved UTF-8 support (almost comparable with the PRO version UTF-8 support).
- Fixed several issues.
rss Factory 1.5.9 released on February 4, 2009.
- Fixed issues regarding overlib, shortenText, detecting safe_mode, back to category link, no ads, etc.
rss Factory 1.5.8 released on September 18, 2008.
- Fixed issues regarding refresh link, cron refresh function and icon, breaks tabbed view, curl, etc.
rss Factory 1.5.7 released on September 12, 2008.
- Noticable code improvements.
- Removed stripos functions in order to provide maximum compatibility with PHP4 and PHP5.
- Maximized UTF-8 support.
- Fixed issues regarding duplicate feed images, truncated feeds, overlib when table view, date sort order, feed icons, template in IE7, rss module (sort date, categories filter, parameters), etc.
rss Factory 1.5.5 released on July 17, 2008.
- Added category description
- Improved category management
- Cleaner install/uninstall
- several other improvements
- Attention! Due to the categories changes, backups from previous versions older then 1.5.5 are not compatible anymore.
rss Factory 1.5.4 released on June 19, 2008.
- New Table Categories
- Improved SQL-backup and restore functions including notices
- Optimized functions “ParseRSS_toCache” and removed <embedded> from the feed title
rss Factory 1.5.3 released on April 10, 2008.
- fixed "save config" issue
rss Factory 1.5.2 released on March 25, 2008.
- Redeveloped to be a native Joomla 1.5.X component (only rss Factory versions 1.0.x till 1.1.x will support further Joomla 1.0.X)
- several major improvements
rss Factory 1.1.0 released on March 24, 2008.
- several minor and major improvements
- fixed issue regarding the pseudocron
rss Factory 1.0.4 released on Sept 27, 2007.
- Tabbed view configurable (background images, width, height of the tabs)
- Itemid issue solved
- Module defaults set to better values
- Admin - feed pagination fixed
- Module did not fire pseudocron - fixed
- New charset handling functions - improved display for UTF-8 feeds in ISO pages
- New display of target feeds in wrappers in your site
- improved coding style - no more notices if error level E_ALL turned on
rss Factory 1.0.3 released on May 28, 2007.
- added better support for UTF-8 feeds; you can now force the charset encoding of the pages (new admin option "force character encoding")
- added rel="nofollow" + target="_blank" to the external links of all feeds
- added support for some malformed XML feeds (no encoding attribute)
- workaround for strange formatted dates
- incompatibility fix with com_page_cache
- fixed curl_setopt issue with safe_mode on sites
- fixed issue with Feeds without date
- fixed Mambot bug regarding results (bad id in result)
- fixed link visit now with http header 301 moved permanently.
rss Factory 1.0.2 released on May 2, 2007.
- new feature - show/hide date in display
- new feature - show/hide bullet in display
- new feature - show/hide icon in display
- module fix for displaying bullets (image path was corrupt)
- incompatibility fix with com_page_cache
- fixed minor admin interface problems in confguration: show feed icon
- fixed issue: cannot find any feeds (on some installations) in categories with spaces
- fixed an issue with Ads (display for less then 2) and was added to CSS.
rss Factory 1.0.1 released on Apr 25, 2007.
- minor fix in refresh link output for some configurations;
- fix for sites running in safe_mode (set_time_limit error);
- added minor change about description being displayed for "show_categories" set to false.
rss Factory 1.0.0 released on Apr 22, 2007.
Attention! Screenshots are representing a newer product rss Factory 4.0.1 for Joomla 3.x .
Customer Reviews:Crysis14 (Friday, 09 July 2010)
THANK YOU! Great free RSS aggregator. I used it from their versions in Joomla1.0 and was fascinated by the brilliance of this extension. It has some
neat ideas that I did not recall seeing in other extensions, and they seemed to optimize the later versions since the news loads much faster now. GJ