rss Factory PRO features:
- Categories & Subcategories (unlimited number of levels)
- including FTP protocol for retrieving RSS XML's
- Category Description, Pathway
- Related Categories
- Category Tree within one, two, three or four Columns
- fully SEF - compatible with Artio JoomSEF
- easy Language Management
- Import Feeds to Content (for each feed, a section and category can be chosen, including the author and publishing period.)
- replace ">> >>" with customizable words
- Tiled, List and Tab Titles View
- Sliders and draggable DIV's.
- configurable display to show in list of feeds the feed name or the source
- Archive System (for improved search engines indexing.)
- automatic Install & Uninstall of Module and Mambot
- Suppress Images or Embedded Objects
- Category Management
- Date Format Customization
- FavIcons for feeds (pulled from the feedsite or custom uploaded)
- Preview ofFeeds in CategoryList
- Session based tracking of already read news (Feeds will appear “unchecked” if they have already been read)
- customized output styles
- automatic unpublishing of erroneous feeds
- CSS customization
- Color customization of Overlib Output
- Font Size customization for Overlib Output
- Automatic Refresh of feeds though a pseudo-CRON process
- Refresh of Feeds using AJAX (backend only)
- Search Mambot (allows you to search through feeds along with searching through content)
- Automatic Version Check
- and many more...
HOW-TO refresh RSS feeds using CRON (if your hosting supports CRON jobs):
lynx -accept_all_cookies -dump 'http:// [your site]/index.php?option=com_rssfactory&task=refresh&password =[HERE YOUR PASS]'
- Joomla 2.5.x or J! 1.7.x/1.6.x
- GD2, cURL extension enabled
- will not run together with the free version on a single installation.
For more information please visit our FORUM.
- Fixed several issues involving feed archive deletion and import2content (when the url was automatically modified by the generator on each refresh, although the feedcontent is the same; this fixed will avoid possible dublettes).
rss Factory PRO 1.2.2 released on March 3, 2009.
- New feature: show first X chars from feed content in the module.
- New feature: add multiple categories from textarea.
- New feature: enable/disable read more link.
- Several issues fixed, including itemid on search result, some charset issues, display issue involving js, segmentation fault (11).
rss Factory PRO 1.2.1 released on February 20, 2009.
- Several issues fixed, including MySQL 4 compatibility implicating the import to content function.
rss Factory PRO 1.2.0 released on February 16, 2009.
- New feature: Import Feeds to Content.
- New feature: Archive System.
- Several minor issues fixed.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.8 released on January 23, 2009.
- Several minor issues fixed including apostrophes, search validation, mysql_real_escape_string().
rss Factory PRO 1.0.7released on December 15, 2008.
- Several issues fixed including saving ItemId, feed parsing with domit, IE feed search, modified remote_read_url() function to solve host (curl_errno 6), overlib, etc.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.6 released on November 17, 2008.
- New module feature; in field "Show only category" several categories can now be added separated by ",".
- Fixed issue regarding fireboard incompatibility (function "microtime_float").
rss Factory PRO 1.0.5 released on October 16, 2008.
- Admin strings added to the language file.
- Fixed issues regarding some notices, UTF-8, Show first x Characters, Show category path Base, etc.
- Several code improvements.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.3 released on September 18, 2008.
- New suppress function added for embedded objects or images.
- New Backup/Restore feature to save also the Component Settings.
- Fixed issues regarding table view (overlib, chanellink).
rss Factory PRO 1.0.2 released on September 3, 2008.
- New replace plugin added.
- Several code optimizations
- Fixed issues regarding safemode, empty category redirect loop.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.1 released on September 1, 2008.
- Fixed issues: UTF-8, feeds ordering, admin icon, paginated search, memory limit, template/overlib, other minor issues.
- Several code optimizations.
rss Factory PRO 1.0.0 released on August 8, 2008.
Customer Reviews:saad lamer (Thursday, 19 December 2013)
HellornI want that extra service Rss to CJblog withrnProfile User o articlernAnd I am ready pay the price you extrarnrnthanxrnrnasaad kamel Joomlapat (Monday, 13 February 2012)
Excellent product! I use RSS Pro for Years to make Sport News joomla articles from RSS for a big sport portal.
It does the job without
any problems/ I end up with nice new Joomla articles with image every day, automatically. Does any other RSS reader can do that?
work perfectly and I get a good support from the Developer.
Thank You RSS Pro TBC (Saturday, 09 July 2011)
Amazing News Feed Resource! I'm using RSS Factory Pro on my educational site and I couldn't be happier. It allows us to provide relevant news from
multiple sources in an unlimited organizational structure. There is no other component out there that comes close to the functionality of RSS Factory
We're not even using the feeds to content feature, great for those looking to generate site content, and it's still one of the
best investments that I've made on any of my Joomla sites.
Many thanks to the good folks at The Factory for providing the functionality
that allows us to develop a definitive news source for our students! Krab (Monday, 02 August 2010)
After using the free version for more then 1 year in several websites i was convinced to
purchase the PRO version, and i was never sorry. The
great additional features and the nice
new views are great, administrator back end is as easy as in the free version, but has more
options. The best thing about this one is the import to content feature that helped me create
a brand new website packed with content in
Support is smooth and the response is quick – i got all i needed through their ticketing system,
but forum looks fine too.
Thanks guys, keep it up!